Sminky Pinky Pancake
Fear not, dear readers. I have not been guzzled by a grizzly bear just yet. The punters at Fernie Sports have been keeping me busy with thier skis and boards and I've been off galavanting in the snow on the new board that I am "demoing" for work. Yup, those lovely work colleagues of mine have given me an Atomic Polarity to play with, and I LOVE it! I fear that my old Burton Seven will be made into shelving at this rate. It rides like a brick in comparison.
But enough of the snowboarding twaddle. For once, I am going to write about something that is on the level with most people - Pancake Day!
I have to say that I have found something bad about Canada - well, it was bound to happen. They don't do Shrove Tuesday round these parts! Crazy huh! Here is a country where the pancake is a stable food group, and yet Pancake Day is a mere "Wierd British Thing" or a WBT as they like to call it. But we decided to celebrate in style any way, and Sarah set about flipping 80 of the things in the kitchen and piling them high, whilst we gathered a little posse of pancake appreciaters and lotsa toppings. Rather than go for the fluffy and thick North American version, we made traditional English pancakes which are much nicer IMHO. With lemon and sugar. None of this maple suyrup malarky.
(Oh all right, so there was a bit of maple syrup floating about)
Besides, the thin ones are easier to roll and stuff in your mouth with minimum effort. Classy as ever! ;-)

The kids get messy!

BUSTED! So besides the lemon and sugar and the maple syrup, there may have been a few other toppings...

Keith (our newest SVL guest) gets to grips with his second pancake of the evening


3 Comments:
Al - what's a stable food group? !!! *grin*
Eagle has landed:) i repeat the eagle has landed. It was a big bad journey but i am home safe and well. Did not make work this morning as feeling kinda sleepy. Thanks again guys and i will send a post soon as i become human again. Big up the SVL people.
keithx
respec' due for the pancake day.
It's my favourite holiday.
xxxxx
Post a Comment
<< Home