Friday, January 27, 2006

More girly fun!

I got a lovely surprise this week, in the form of a parcel from my friend Jenn (she of Powderroom.net fame) who managed to remember that I missed Salad Cream - you can't buy it here, and so sent me a parcel containing not only Heinz Salad Cream, but a number of Curly Wurly chocolate bars, some KitKats and a packet of digestive Biscuits (McVities, no less). I love getting parcels at the best of times, but this one was just so fantastic and I really appreciated it. Knowing Jenn and her family read this blog a wee bit, I wanted to send out another big THANK YOU! to her!

I had another Powderoomie visit this week as Emma and her boyfriend Mike are in Fernie for two weeks on holiday, so they popped by the shop and we decided to go out for a day of girls only snowboarding on Friday, which was awesome fun. Emma did a season in Fernie two years ago and lived at Snow Valley Lodge, so it was great for her to be able to come back and have a nose around the house to see what had changed and meet the new occupants.

(She also knows the mountain like the back of her hand, and is therefore a useful cohort to go riding with as she showed us some good bits that I had yet to discover!)

Sarah, Danni, Lisa, me and Em get ready for some quality girltime on the slopes
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Em and Lisa on the Whitepass chairlift
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home