Thursday, September 14, 2006

Where'd summer go?!

I woke up this morning to the sound of rain on the roof - not a bad thing as it's been so dry here lately. I then looked out of the window and what should I see?

Snow!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The Lizard Range - partly obscured by pesky clouds - sorry.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Mount Fernie - wouldn't want to be hiking that today...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The Three Sisters - you can just see the snow poking through the clouds.

Only at high elevation, but the snow is back none-the-less. How very Canadian. One day it's 27 degrees and you're wearing shorts. The next day it's 2 degrees and you're in your woollies again.

Does this mean that Jethro and I will be huddled together, shivering in the back of our people carrier when we go camping next week? Invariably! I just hope the cloud isn't too low so that I can see some of the majestic scenery of the Rockies. Otherwise I will be a tad peed off.

In other news, I got a haircut. It's been a resounding success here in Fernie. Every single customer in Jamochas has been highly complimentary - even the local Miners who aren't really supposed to notice that kind of thing. "You got your hair done, eh? Looks pretty, eh!"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

5 Comments:

At 8:53 am, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You hair looks lovely Alex!?!

 
At 5:36 pm, September 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're new haircut really suits you! You look lovely.

 
At 6:56 pm, September 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

foxy lady!

 
At 3:27 pm, September 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord, have only just seen this... I am VERY proud of your new hairdo kitten, you look marvellous.

xxxx

 
At 5:09 pm, October 06, 2006, Blogger Tom said...

Who's the fox in the picture?

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home