Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Fernie Open

Not really... it was more like 'lets-go-bash-a-ball-around-for-fun' so we meandered down to the free tennis courts in the park, which are really rather nice and very well-maintained.

It doesn't get dark til about 10pm at the moment and the weather's been so lovely (same as back home we hear!) that it's been too hot to play in the daytime. Jethro has discovered his old talent for tennis, but I am happy to say that I whooped him good! (yes, I did!)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Emma gets a full-on return back. (She's a bit good at tennis)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Jethro prepares himself for another beating! ;-)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It's not often you get to play tennis surrounded by trees and mountains! Wimbledon, it aint.

I've also made the wonderful discovery that they sell Pimms here, so it's been tennis, strawberries and Pimms on the lawn - lovely! (this was after one of my fantastic customers at Jamocha's picked me up a bottle in the States, as we thought Pimms wasn't anywhere to be found!)

Yesterday, we were invited to go for a float with Karen and Jay, who wanted to test their dinghy's out on the river - it's the nicest thing in the world to float leisurely down the Elk River on an inflatable thing, even if it does get a puncture half way along! (yes, ours was distinctly less full of air than when we started, but Jethro was excellent at paddling for all he was worth, even when we went over the small rapids that are dotted along the river! Whilst narrowly avoiding large rocks!)

No pics of the floating I'm afraid, as the camera would have got very soggy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home